The world is at war with a deadly virus. COVID-19 is a highly infectious respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus. The disease was discovered in China in December 2019 and has since spread around the world killing over 14,000 people. Medical scientists are still battling to find a cure for the virus. Meanwhile, many more people are getting the virus on daily basis with some recovering while others are dying.
Though the virus cannot be cured for now, it can be contained. Containing COVID-19 requires one to follow advice given by healthcare provider/ the Government on how to protect yourself. The protective measure includes but is not limited to the following;
1. Clean your hands regularly with an alcohol-based sanitizer, or wash them with soap and water.
2. Clean surfaces regularly with disinfectant (Work desks, door handles).
3. Avoid crowded areas (Concerts, Stadiums,religious gathering).
4. Try to avoid close contact with people who display flu-like symptoms (coughing and sneezing)
5. Seek medical advice promptly if you develop fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
Please stay safe.